Date of Last Revision: November 2, 2021.
1. What personally identifiable information does American Heritage Girls (AGHfamily) collect?
- AGHfamily’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to advance AGHfamily's mission and to maximize your online experience when using our site.
- AHGfamily collects personally identifiable information when you provide it to us by logging in to the site as a member. Once you log in to the site, you are no longer anonymous to us.
- The type of personally identifiable information that AGHfamily collects includes your first and last name, date of birth, physical address, landline and mobile phone numbers, email address, and emergency contact information.
- Additional information may be collected in order to administer a criminal background check (CBC). This information may include your Social Security Number and driver's license state and number. We use a secure third-party verification system to perform the CBC.
- AHGfamily facilitates the display, recording, and analysis of American Heritage Girls Troop members' membership, advancement, activities as well as other pertinent information.
2. What anonymous information does AHGfamily collect?
- Your Internet browser has a feature called “cookies” which stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to our site. However, cookies tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information.
- AHGfamily also automatically receives and records information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, your browser type, operating system, the time, and information about the page you requested.
- We may use tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including:
- keeping count of return visits to our site
- accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on site usage
- determining which features users like best
- saving your password so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit our site.
3. How does AHGfamily use the information?
AHGfamily may use your information to process transactions and to alert you to new information, products and services, events, and other opportunities. We may from time to time make your contact information available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we think you might find of interest. Additionally, we may use tracking information to determine how much interest a page generates overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to better understand our users and their needs. Throughout your association with American Heritage Girls your Troop may collect membership and advancement information about you, including activities with which you are involved, scheduling, and other pertinent data. This information will be available to your members of your Troop's leadership and other qualified users for the purpose of evaluating and tracking your progress. Historical aggregate data including, but not limited to your advancement and general demographic information may be used by AHGfamily, Eternal Interactive, Inc, American Heritage Girls, and/or its third-party affiliates during your membership and as a historical record if/when you are no longer a American Heritage Girls member. When collecting historical aggregate data, no personal data will ever be used to tie any single data point to any single individual.
4. Is my use of the site secure?
AHGfamily uses multiple levels of encryption and secure systems to upload, download, and store your data and documents. AHGfamily uses industry best-practices to manage and store data and documents. All documents are encrypted during transport between the browser and our servers. Furthermore, they are stored as encrypted objects on our cloud server and are only unencrypted and served back to the user based on the user access control settings you select. You can read the HIPAA compliance statement for our data center here as well as our cloud server here.
5. How can I update my personally identifiable information?
You can correct or change the information collected when you joined by logging on to the site with your ID and password and following the online directions. Users who are experiencing problems or who have questions about how our services work can contact us. Currently, we do not offer users a means by which to completely delete personal information established at the time of joining.
6. Privacy of children
We operate our site in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For more information about COPPA, click here.
Questions or comments
Questions regarding this privacy statement, or regarding any other aspects of AHGfamily.org, should be sent via our contact form. We try to reply promptly to every message. We may also file your comments to improve the site and program, or review and discard the information.